- To connect parents, caregivers and teachers through School Community Meetings, the Community Learning Program, whole school social events, and year group social events organised by the PTF representatives
- To support student and teacher-led initiatives including International Day, literacy activities, STEAM incursions, sustainability projects, student wellbeing events and music ensemble concerts
- To provide regular community services such as the annual Primary Disco, recycling of second hand uniforms, textbooks and musical instruments, lost property sorting and traffic safety.
We thank our parent and caregivers who volunteer to help with reading and other activities. If you shared your Working With Children Check (WWCC) details with IGS last year, you do not need to do so again until your WWCC expires. New volunteers must email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name (exactly as it appears on their WWCC), their WWCC number and their date of birth. How to apply for a Volunteers WWCC. The PTF Committee appreciates that every family juggles diverse commitments and can only “donate” limited amounts of time.
Please let the PTF know you would like to volunteer here.
Welcome to new and returning IGS families from PTF President Andrea Belunek
Happy New Year!
A warm welcome to new and returning parents! We hope you’ve had a relaxing break over the summer holidays, and that you can join us this coming Friday 1 February at 7pm on the rooftop for a relaxed evening for parents, caregivers, teachers and staff to meet and mingle over drinks and refreshments.
- “Rue Kelly markets” (second hand uniform sales) are held once a term. See IGS Notices for details. The first market will take place on a Friday from 8am to 9am on the footpath outside school in the first weeks of Term 1.
- Car visor ID signs for all Primary students will be distributed in Term 1. Please read the Drive-by procedures on the back to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
- Lost property is collected and sorted on the ground floor in the cupboards “under the stairs” opposite Reception. Please label all school items clearly with first and last names. Named items are returned via Primary home class or High School tutor group. Unnamed items are stored for around 4 weeks for collection.